How does it work?
- A core team runner will complete the 26.2 mile distance and then give the scroll (baton) to the next runner, who runs the next 26.2 miles, and passes the scroll to the next core runner and so on. The scroll never stops moving.
- It's a continuous relay run - a Guinness World Record relay run - around the world by a 10-person team of experienced distance runners.
- Guest runners and celebrities will also run portions of the route.
- We want to be "The Spark" to get all of us moving more and being active! The scientific evidence says being active improves our mental, physical, social and emotional health!
- Each day we will be stopping at two schools along the route to talk about what we are doing and why. And hopefully run a bit with the children as well!
- There are several ways people can get involved - See "How can you be part of the R4T Run" section.